Day 21: 10/6/2010
Bakersfield to Green Valley, AZ, 638 miles
Driving. And driving. And driving. That was pretty much the day :p I made it out of Bakersville at 7:45am and arrived in Green Valley at almost 9pm. Near the beginning of the day I saw a spider in the road. Large enough to see in my rearview mirror!!!! GAH!! And that concluded any thoughts of getting out of the car in the south. Hell no. I will remain in the car, thank you very much.
Luckily, this attitude made it possible to drive 638 miles without going crazy. Lol, yeah. Just ask the people I talked to that day. I mean the ones in the car with me, not Mom and Mathew on the phone. :p j/k, mostly. I spent most of the day listening to comedy I'd already heard and singing with and without other music on. Good times. I think I stopped once for gas and once on an off ramp and other than that just drove. The two stops were also when I talked to the real people on the phone :D
I was still pretty upset about the thing in the road when I made it to Green Valley just before 9pm, because now I had to abandon the car and make a dash for the house :p Grandpa and Mom were still up and I said a quick hello to Grandma in bed. We sat in the living room for a little while together, and I hope I came off as slap happy and not... insane... Lol. Mom got me to go for a short walk outside, and I was too tired to be paranoid about creatures of the night in southern Arizona. And then... Bedtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment